Re: [avr-gcc-list] Strange problem - Pointer not null when declared

From: Colin Paul Gloster
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Strange problem - Pointer not null when declared
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 08:59:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Gerard Marull Paretas wrote:

     "I've been trying to find the reason of a curious bug,
but I can't. It's so
     strange: I create a new structure that inside contains two pointers to
other
     structures and one uint8_t. However, pointers are not
NULL when created, [..]

     [..]"

Hello,

C does not guarantee an initial value for something which is
declared without a definition. So do not rely on it to do
so.

Regards,
Colin Paul Gloster