Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc-4 TinyOs

From: Ned Konz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc-4 TinyOs
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:57:17 -0700

[mistakenly sent to avr-chat initially]

Arnim Littek wrote:
Ned Konz <address@hidden> 16/10/2007 2:21 a.m. >>>
Domenico Arenga wrote:
I'm a student of the university of Pisa, Italy. I would want to know if it is possible to use avr-GCC 4 on tinyOs. Excuse the disturbance, and thanks thousands.

The extensions to the compiler that the TinyOS people did to support the state machine constructs would be hard (as I recall, anyway) to do with straight GCC.

You're making some interesting noises here.  Do you have any pointers to what
they've done over and above, say, function pointers?

Like many projects that wanted to extend the C (or C++) language, they
started with GCC.

They added interface wiring, native state machine constructs, and
probably other things that I don't recall.

See:

http://www.tinyos.net/
http://nesc.sf.net
http://lecs.cs.ucla.edu/Resources/testbed/testbed-motes.html