RE: [avr-gcc-list] GCC-AVR Register optimisations

From: John Regehr
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] GCC-AVR Register optimisations
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:34:29 -0700 (MST)

> - I, and others, are very interested in what you are using to test your
> proposed changes. I have plans to put together an AVR Benchmark Suite,
> consisting of a variety of publicly available programs that can be used
> to test the compiler performance over time. It definitely needs to have
> different types of programs, and publicly available programs so there
> are no issues with distributing such a Benchmark Suite. I welcome any
> collaboration on this.

This is excellent and much needed, Eric.

I can help with some TinyOS applications.

Hopefully the benchmarks can be packaged up with a simulator in order to
get dynamic information as well as static.  I use Avrora (first google hit
for "avrora") for everything, though it supports relatively few chips.

John