Re: [Fwd: Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC-AVR Register optimisations]

From: Andrew Hutchinson
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC-AVR Register optimisations]
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:26:48 -0500

Here my input:

For starters gcc has testsuite that can be used. It's not perfect but its quite demanding - even if we cant do all the tests.

Do we have info on setting this up with simulator? I did have some instruction - once!

After than I suggest some "benchmark" that would produce more normal code and also give qualitative indications of performance (size is easy, speed would be nice).

Finally, regression tests using testcases and bug reports.

Andy

Dave N6NZ wrote:
Well, after spamming the wrong list with this, I hope I've got the right place now :(

-dave

Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC-AVR Register optimisations