Re: AVR Benchmark Test Suite [was: RE: [avr-gcc-list] GCC-AVRRegister op

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: AVR Benchmark Test Suite [was: RE: [avr-gcc-list] GCC-AVRRegister optimisations]
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:54:25 +0100 (MET)

"Weddington, Eric" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Agreed, I think both locations (sf.net, or savannah.nongnu.org)
>> would do fine.

> I lean towards putting it on WinAVR, mainly because doing file
> releases is easier (no GPG key required). Unless you have a
> counter-argument, Joerg?

As I wrote, I don't care much, so that's fine with me.

Btw., savannah no longer strictly requires GPG-blessing anymore, they
eventually allowed sftp connections directly into the download area.
That also (finally) solved the issue of deleting something (like
obsolete or faulty stuff) there.

Still, for any major package (source code/executables), a detached GPG
signature is for sure increasing the possible trust into the delivery.
For plain benchmark results, it probably doesn't matter too much
though.