Re: [avr-gcc-list] Success running the testsuite with avrtest

From: Paulo Marques
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Success running the testsuite with avrtest
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 04:17:38 +0000

Quoting Paulo Marques <address@hidden>:
[...]
The next step is to start chasing down some of the FAIL tests and try to find out if they are being caused by avrtest, and fix the bugs in this case. I already did that initially when most of the tests were failing, to find it was a very silly bug in the way conditional branch offsets were being calculated :P

Just one more thing I forgot to mention: the testsuite requires avrtest to load elf files. As a quick hack, avrtest is calling avr-objcopy to convert the elf to a binary file and load it. This works under Linux, but I don't know if it might cause problems under Cygwin or MinGW.

I plan to improve avrtest to load elf files directly, at least to load the .text and .data sections. If it could also load the debug information and use the symbol names to provide extra debug info, it would be even better.

Now it is _really_ time to go to sleep... ;)

--
Paulo Marques