Re: [avr-gcc-list] Success running the testsuite with avrtest

From: Dmitry K.
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Success running the testsuite with avrtest
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:25:03 +1000

On Thursday 17 January 2008 14:57, Paulo Marques wrote:
> Quoting "Dmitry K." <address@hidden>:
> > [...]
> > Alas, the first (add.c) is still unworked.
>
> Ok, a new version is ready (attached) with this problem fixed (and a
> few others). In this version there is a "//#define LOG_DUMP   1" line
> right at the top of the avrtest.c file. Uncommenting this line makes
> avrtest dump a lot of debug information about what it is doing. It is a
> good feature to have to track down a particular problem, but it is not
> recommend to be used to run the testsuite (I don't think it works at
> all).
>
> I've been trying to run the testsuite, and fixing problems in avrtest
> as they appear. I've already changed the exit(1) to be treated as an
> error, so that the results are more accurate (but as Andrew predicted,
> it didn't change a thing).
>
> Right now I'm down to:
>
> # of expected passes            11174
> # of unexpected failures        66
> # of unexpected successes       1
> # of unresolved testcases       15
> # of unsupported tests          664
>
> Although there are 66 tests that FAIL, only 51 are execution failures,
> and 15 are compilation failures. These 51 failures correspond to just
> 10 programs that fail to execute, with different optimization options
> (-O0, -O1, etc.):
[...]

A big progress!

Nevertheless, the next (after cmp) test is aborted:

com.c:
  #define ABORT_PORT    0x49
  #define abort()       do { *(volatile char *)ABORT_PORT = 0; } while (0)

  int main ()
  {
    volatile unsigned char a = 0xff;
    unsigned char b;

    if ((b = ~a) != 0) abort ();
    return b;
  }

I have already started to doubt in quality of GCC's tests.
So simple mistakes remain not noticed?

Regards,
Dmitry.