Re: [avr-gcc-list] testsuite needs <sys/types.h>

From: Preston Wilson
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] testsuite needs <sys/types.h>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 07:43:17 -0500

>> Anyway, some tests in gcc.c-torture/execute/builtins fail
>> because they
>> are expecting a "<sys/types.h>" include file.
>>
>> I manually added a <sys/types.h> file to my avr-libc with just:
>> #include <inttypes.h>
>> #include <stdint.h>
>> and the testsuite passed a lot more tests from this section.
>>
>> The question is: should libc provide this include or shouldn't the
>> tests rely on it existing? Where should the correction be made?
>>

> What does the standard say that <sys/types.h> should contain? If it's
> easy enough, we should see about adding it to avr-libc. It's much easier
> to get changes incorporated into avr-libc than it is to get them into
> gcc.

The <sys/*.h> header files are a part of the Unix/Posix standards. They are
not a part of any C standards.

The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6
IEEE Std 1003.1, 2004 Edition

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/toc.htm

<sys/types.h>:
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/sys/types.h.html

You can also get the specification here if you register with them online:
http://www.unix.org/version3/online.html

-Preston