Re: [avr-gcc-list] C code calling ASM functions

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] C code calling ASM functions
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:24:08 +0100 (MET)

Gre7g Luterman <address@hidden> wrote:

> IIRC, it is actually the responsibility of the called
> function (the callee) to clear r25 when returning an
> unsigned byte.  The caller can presume this to be
> clear already.

You're right, it's a typo and should really read "callee".

I just looked up the history on this, and it's really been there
already in Marek's (or Denis'?) first written document about the
register usage, dating back to late 2000.  Really strange you're
the first to notice it after such a long time.

> Can someone correct this?

Will do before the next release.  Thanks for filing the bug report!