[avr-gcc-list] testsuite saga continues

From: Paulo Marques
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] testsuite saga continues
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:12:33 +0000

Hi all,

I'm still trying to get the testsuite to pass all tests cleanly.

Yesterday I've done a patch to mark as unsupported tests that used the "double" type. This helps float-floor.c pass the test (as unsupported) but 538 tests (just in execute.exp) are also marked as unsupported because of this.

It seems like a bad trade-off, so I'll try to come up with a way to change just float-floor.c to "#ifdef" on the size of the double type, so that it doesn't fail, and we can keep all the other tests.

In the meantime, I tried to not mark "long long" as unsupported, with similar results.

Without "no_long_long" there are more 32 tests that fail, but less 556 tests are marked as unsupported. Which means that 64 bit "long long"'s are mostly supported in fact.

The question is: are "long long"'s officially supported? Should we be running the tests that use them?

BTW: 64 bit long long is really hard for a 8 bit microcontroller. At least one of the tests (with -O0 optimization) was initially failing from timeout, which means that it was taking more than 500 million cycles to execute. Increasing the timeout to 2 billion cycles solved the problem, though.

--
Paulo Marques
Software Development Department - Grupo PIE, S.A.

"Prediction is hard. Especially of the future."
Niels Bohr