Re: [avr-gcc-list] [FIX] _clz and friends not found (test builtin-bitops

From: Paulo Marques
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] [FIX] _clz and friends not found (test builtin-bitops-1)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:20:23 +0000

Paulo Marques wrote:
Wouter van Gulik wrote:
[...]
I tested the clzsi2 against all 4.2 billion cases :P It would have saved me a half a day if avrtest was twice as fast :). I tested the rest against the test case.

Great. Finally I have a good excuse to tweak the performance of avrtest ;)

Using this excuse, I modified the internal structure of avrtest a little to gain some performance.

The new version is around 3 times faster than the old one, and does around ~46 million cycles per second on my P4 at 3GHz (which gives an average of 65 P4 cycles per one AVR cycle). The exact numbers will depend on the code being executed, so this is just a rough estimate.

I've just committed the latest version to winavr CVS. You can get it by doing:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/winavr co -P avrtest

or browse the repository:

http://winavr.cvs.sourceforge.net/winavr/avrtest/

Enjoy,

--
Paulo Marques
Software Development Department - Grupo PIE, S.A.