[avr-gcc-list] how to remove unused code?

From: Joerg Desch
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] how to remove unused code?
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:24:42 +0100

I'm trying to use the OSS library "libvisca" for controlling a SONY camera. The
port seems to compile, but the resulting binary is ways to large. I only need
some of the functions, but the linker don't remove the unused stuff.

Isn't the linker smart enough for that?

libvisca comes as one big C file. Is this the problem?

I'm using the WinAVR Makefile Template...

--
Email: Joerg Desch <jd DOT vvd AT web DOT de>