RE: [avr-gcc-list] Re: [avr-libc-dev] Warning messages

From: Ron Kreymborg
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Re: [avr-libc-dev] Warning messages
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:33:17 +1100

> A lot of bother and hence my suggestion for some means for turning it off,
> typically after one has got all the interrupts in a project working.

On further thought: The CLASS_IRQ macro:

#define CLASS_IRQ(name, vector) \
    void name(void) asm(__STRINGIFY(vector)) \
    __attribute__ ((signal, __INTR_ATTRS))

used in the class interrupt definition:

    CLASS_IRQ(OverflowInterrupt, TIMER0_OVF_vect);

expands to:

void OverflowInterrupt(void) asm("__vector_16")
                __attribute__ ((signal, used, externally_visible));

I know nothing about gcc (should that be IKNA gcc?), but gcc will go on to
successfully link the "OverflowInterrupt" name to the given interrupt jump
table. Would it be possible to combine the "asm" (or what it does) into a
new attribute for signal. And then if this option is used, pull the now
superfluous mangled class interrupt name from the compiler's name table?

I hope this doesn't sound too stupid.

Ron