Re: [avr-gcc-list] reentrant interrupt service routine

From: Jan Menzel
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] reentrant interrupt service routine
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:58:41 +0200

Dear Sven!
Interrupts are disabled while they are executed. This way interrupt are by default executed without nesting. If you like to nest interrupts you have to reenable interrupts within your interrupt service handler using eg. sei(). I use this schema and it works without complains. You just have to be careful with your stack as the interrupt service which enables other interrupts an be called again and then lock the mcu.

        Best regards
                Jan

Sven Schlender wrote:
Hi all,

I just wondering if there are some experiences with reentrant interrupt
service routines with avr-gcc. Is this a known issue? How the avr-gcc handle
it? Is there a possibility to find such reentrant calls with a compiler or
linker command line option?

Best regards, Sven.