RE: [avr-gcc-list] Incorrect code by gcc?

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Incorrect code by gcc?
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:24:41 -0600

Hi Ruud,

Thanks for taking the time to write about this.

The best place to submit a bug report for GCC is at the GCC bug
database:
<http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/>
If you send it to a mailing list, it will probably get lost as we get a
lot of emails daily.

When you submit a bug report there do the following:
- For the "Component" field, select "target" (meaning that it is a
problem with the backend)
- For the "Target triplet" field, put in "avr-*-*"
- Write a summary and a description
- Submit the bug report.
- After you submit the bug report, attach your test case (as small as
possible), and any other pertinent files.

It would also be helpful if you can then send an email to this list
(avr-gcc-list) and let us know what the bug number is. I keep track of
all AVR specific bugs in the toolchain at this page here:
<http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/bugs.html>

Thanks,
Eric Weddington