RE: [avr-gcc-list] gcc 4.3.0

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] gcc 4.3.0
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:39:04 -0600

Yes, avr-libc is built with -mcall-prologues and has been for a long
time. It is a known issue that -mcall-prologues is not always a "win"
for small applications, but that is just the nature of that particular
optimization.

If building avr-libc with -mcall-prologues is bothersome, then luckily
avr-libc is open source and you're always free to build it yourself with
whatever flags you desire.

Eric Weddington