Re: [avr-gcc-list] Latest working versions (ATmega324p)?

From: Rick Mann
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Latest working versions (ATmega324p)?
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:08:16 -0700

On Apr 24, 2008, at 3:55 AM, Bernard Fouché wrote:

Currently if one does not read all the traffic on this mailing list, it's difficult to know what patches are required to have a fully fonctionnal avr-gcc toolchain.

+1

I'd like to upgrade my toolchain on Linux, and if I read the list correctly, the surest solution is first to get WinAvr 20080411, grab the included patches and apply them to stock FSF source code to be able to have, at last, a working Linux toolchain. (Linux needing files first released for Windows... arg!)

I'm on a Mac, and don't know how to unpack the .exe file.

Could the exact list of files/patches to use be listed somewhere on http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc website?

+1

Or will the release of 4.3.1 fix everything?

There will always be a need for listing patches. It took me forever to figure out just one patch file, with its many many CVS revisions.

--
Rick