RE: [avr-gcc-list] Latest working versions (ATmega324p)?

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Latest working versions (ATmega324p)?
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:39:46 -0600

<snip>

I understand your frustration because I experienced the same years ago. My
apologies for letting it get to this point.

So here's the plan to help solve this situation:

- After the issues surrounding the April release of WinAVR are resolved, I want
to ensure that more testing is put in place on a regular basis. This means
build tests of source repository, and running various regression test suites.
This may not catch unforseen errors, but it will certainly help that we don't
regress. The point is to not get into the same situation that we are now with
the April release of WinAVR. I have a mandate to put this system in place.

- I am planning to build and release Linux versions of the AVR toolchain on a
regular basis, having it match WinAVR patch for patch. The work on this will be
done in parallel with the testing above. I also have a mandate to do this.

- I would like to use some sort of publishing system for the WinAVR home page /
web site. I have not updated the site in a long time because it is cumbersome.
I have looked into some systems that don't work well for me. I prefer to use
open source systems, so if someone has a suggestion of a tool that I can use
that would be great. The emphasis has to be on *simplicity*. I don't want to
have download and install a full LAMP system in order to do this. I just want
it to be easy to update the pages rather than hand-coding the html.

I agree that the situation right now is confusing and unworkable. I personally
don't like it this way. I want the situation to change, and importantly not to
repeat itself.

Suggestions welcome.

Eric Weddington