Re: [avr-gcc-list] OS X 4.2.2 -- simplest way today?

From: Dave N6NZ
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] OS X 4.2.2 -- simplest way today?
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:07:25 -0700

Weddington, Eric wrote:

Note on Gentoo: do NOT use crossdev to build your AVR toolchain as that
has known problems.

Very true.  I tell anyone who will listen not to run crossdev.

My Gentoo and Slackware systems are working fine. The main point of this exercise is to get my collaborator (an AVR n00bie) going.(1) His system needs to be in sync with my (already working) linux systems. I've been tormenting him rather badly by saying things like "Have you installed git yet?", "Can you see the git repo?", "How's the Dragon coming along?", etc, so I'm trying to smooth the way for him on OS X, and sync up my OS X system at the same time.

-dave

(1) Can I get a commission for converting a MicroChip customer? :)