Re: [avr-gcc-list] OS X 4.2.2 -- simplest way today?

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] OS X 4.2.2 -- simplest way today?
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 12:34:05 -0500

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 10:23:34AM -0600, Dennis Clark wrote:

> > Why don't you both just use AVRMacPack?
>
>   I didn't even KNOW about MacPack!

Ditto.

>   The site talks about using it with XCode, I use Eclipse, that shouldn't
> affect anything will it?  I'll have to read up on this site, anywhere I
> can find where someone has handled the details, especially if that
> includes being able to use the debugger would be a major time saver!

The site (and the installer) also says, "Does not depend on Xcode for
building AVR code."

Nice touch in including both 3.4.6 and 4.2.2. Default is 3.4.6, but
"avr-gcc-select" is a script that will change the default.

Would like to see the build tools included. Brief look I don't see any
source code in the package or available at the site to download.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden