Re: [avr-gcc-list] OS X 4.2.2 -- simplest way today?

From: dlc
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] OS X 4.2.2 -- simplest way today?
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 22:13:56 -0600

David,

  Thanks for doing my homework for me.  ;-)

DLC

David Kelly wrote:

On May 8, 2008, at 9:09 PM, Rick Mann wrote:

On May 8, 2008, at 16:09:10, Dennis Clark wrote:

I do wonder about the tool chain though - Is that not in the package?
That is as much a hassle as the compiler to build. I've not looked, does
this include the libs as well as the compiler?  They tend to be related.

I don't think it would've built my project without the rest of it. I'm sure it's all there.

No kidding. Just read the original URL, repeated here: http://www.obdev.at/products/avrmacpack/download.html

At the bottom of the page it says,

Version 2007-11-26
This is the initial release. It contains the following software packages:
    • gcc 3.4.6
    • gcc 4.2.2
    • GNU binutils 2.18
    • avr-libc 1.4.7
    • avrdude 5.5
    • libusb 0.1.12
    • gdb 6.5
    • avarice 2.7
    • simulavr 0.1.2.2
    • GNU make 3.81

There are 4 release versions shown. Most significant was the latest with avr-libc 1.6.1.

Look around a bit on the site and see some familiar Mac utilities. And their other AVR thing, a software-only USB library for AVR. Guessing its bundled above as libusb 0.1.12.
http://www.obdev.at/products/avrusb/index.html

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden