Re: [avr-gcc-list] What has changed between WinAVR 20070525rc2 andWinAVR

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] What has changed between WinAVR 20070525rc2 andWinAVR 20080430?
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 20:04:33 -0400

On Monday 12 May 2008 04:50:56 pm Stu Bell wrote:
> Umm, describe "no longer works correctly".

Ok, but don't know that it will help, as it doesn't really
help me any even with the unit in my hand. :-)

This unit is a type of Panic Alarm.  It has a big "Alarm" button
on the top of it.   The Alarm button is hooked up to INT0,
which sets a flag, and takes the unit of out sleep.
main() see the flag is set displays "Alarm" on the bit
mapped display, flashes a Red LED, and turns on
a vibrating motor, and transmits a radio message.
At this point with 4.3.0 the unit locks up, with 4.1.2 it
does not.  By "lock up" I mean main() has stopped looping.

> 1.  If a function is called from an ISR,

If I'm calling a function from my ISR it is by mistake and I've forgotten
about it, as I try really hard not to do that.  Will double check.

> 2.  On 3-byte PC processors (ATmega2560/2561),

This is a AT90CAN64.

My technician is wiring up the JTAG port, so I can get some
break points around to see if I can find out where it is locking
up.  Unit is size of pager and didn't have room for a real JTAG
connector...the parts and units keep getting smaller but for the most
part the debugging hardware isn't... :-(