Re: [avr-gcc-list] prog_mem limitation?

From: hutchinsonandy
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] prog_mem limitation?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 13:19:53 -0400

I agreed

ROM is not reuseable or infinite thus cannot be auto.

The keyword should either:

1)  Be rejected as invalid
2) carry a warning if the static qualifier is missing - and assume static (or auto )
or
3) Assume static usage in the function context - and be noted as such.

Where it appears to assume "auto" with no warning, which seems undesirable and much more surprising that the above.

I vote it is bug.