Re: [avr-gcc-list] prog_mem limitation?

From: Marc Wetzel
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] prog_mem limitation?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 19:43:31 +0200

Bob Paddock schrieb:

    Indeed, the compiler spit out a warning on the non-'static'
    case:

    main.c: In function 'test':
    main.c:294:warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored

which whipped by and I missed it before. Add this to your Makefile to enforce a "No Warnings Allowed" policy: # -Werror : Make all warnings into errors.
CFLAGS +=  -Werror
Then compilation stops on warnings until you fix them.

Which compiler are you guys using? Mine (20070525) does not throw anything. But maybe I'll have to compile outside my ethernut-project, to see all warnings.

BR
Marc