[avr-gcc-list] Re: Patch: avrtest elf reader

From: Tristan Gingold
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Patch: avrtest elf reader
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:47:46 +0200

On May 21, 2008, at 1:39 PM, Paulo Marques wrote:

Hi,

The only thing I think needs to be changed is the way the program aborts on error. The gcc testsuite requires the program to print either "EXIT", "ABORTED" or "TIMEOUT" to give a PASS / FAIL / etc. result to the test.

Done. The only exit point now is leave(). As a consequence, more functions are void ().

This second feature allows to use a strip down version of crt1 that doesn't
initialize the SRAM.

The only downside of this, is that if we introduce a bug in the "real" crt1, the testsuite might not catch it, because the memory is being "magically" initialized to the correct values. Maybe change this to a command line option?

Done. Option -i added. I also have added a -m option to set max_instr_count.

Tristan.