Re: [avr-gcc-list] Patch avrtest: add support for avr6

From: Tristan Gingold
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Patch avrtest: add support for avr6
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 16:14:02 +0200

On May 26, 2008, at 4:00 PM, Weddington, Eric wrote:
If a flag is added, I would prefer that we keep the flag naming
consistent between all the tools when possible. AVR GCC uses the flag
-mmcu=<device>, where <device> can be a named AVR device in lowercase or
"architecture" like "avr6".

Upon review, I'd be ok with '-m arch' too.

Why not -mmcu=<dev> or -m arch.
I don't think we should support AVR devices as we only support cores, not IOs.

I think that it would be good to add this switch as it would help with
testing different devices/architectures in the future. These differenct
architectures typically select different instruction sets. It would be
good to know if a specific architecture is broken wrt the gcc regression
tests.

Ok.
Which architecture should we support ?
avr2/25/3/31/35/4/5/51/6 ?