Re: [avr-gcc-list] Too much RAM used: __clz_tab[] linked

From: Thomas D. Dean
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Too much RAM used: __clz_tab[] linked
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 12:46:59 -0700 (PDT)

I did the assignment, cast.  avr-gcc seemed to remove that.  I did not
try making the temporary variable volatile.

I worked around the problem by putting the apropriate value in the
integers in the structure and using *(float *)&int_variable.

-1044381696, copied to a float, not converted, is -24.0.  The structure
is a dozen lines, or so.  I copy the struct to a FreeBSD application
and the resultant output into the avr C code.

Would like to eliminate this step - I will not remember doing this,
next year!

I have about 50 bytes left in the ATmega SRAM.  But, I think I have
identified all the variables and still may have some room on the task
stacks.

tomdean