Re: [avr-gcc-list] A few basic doubts regarding installing AVR-GCC on Fe

From: Eshwaran Vijaya Kumar
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] A few basic doubts regarding installing AVR-GCC on Fedora 9
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 22:56:55 +0530

@Blake:
      Thanks a lot again. I will go through what you said and try to
install it. Another question, I was looking into some of the build
scripts in the AVRfreaks site. I saw some references to some nix
specific patches that are obtained from free BSD ports (that as per
the comments in the patch were not available in the WinAVR CVS
repositiory cause they are nix specific). How did you manage without
those?
Thanks again.

@ Philip
      I did a version check on the package available with fedora. The
avr-gcc version currently stands at 4.1.2 which seems pretty out of
date to me. I have not looked at the feature changes though.
Thanks

@ Dave
     I did check the Bingo thread. However there seems to be no
reference to any GCC beyond 4.2.2. I suppose they are yet to update
the scripts to the corresponding versions?
Regards

Eshwaran