Re: [avr-gcc-list] Newbie questions about Procyon AVRlib

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Newbie questions about Procyon AVRlib
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 13:30:37 -0700

AVRlib and AVR-libc are aimed at two different layers of your software stack.

AVR-libc provides ... well... a lot of stuff that you've come to
expect from a C runtime. AVRlib provides more complicated, application
layer features - IP stack, FAT file system, GPS protocols, LCDs. All
things that have no business in your runtime library but that are
likely to be widely useful anyway. It's like GLib - lots of handy
routines, widely used, doesn't need to be part of libc.

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/courses/250a/docs/avrlib/html/index.html
http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/modules.html