Re: [avr-gcc-list] $DATA_ORIGIN in binutils-2.18

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] $DATA_ORIGIN in binutils-2.18
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 23:52:08 +0200

On Wednesday 22 October 2008 16:41, Weddington, Eric wrote:

> If you are trying to build a newer toolchain, then I have a different set of
> patches for you. :-)  I'm working on the next release of WinAVR, which
> will include binutils 2.19 (not yet released, but the latest snapshot is
> 2.18.93) and GCC 4.3.2. I am currently working on adding more devices to
> the toolchain.
Very nice. I do not switch to a new toolchain because i always want the newest
version, but usually becase there is something i really need. This time,
it was because some devices where not supported on the older version
i was using. When i switch, i take the latest 'stable' version + patches.

> If you can wait another week or two, then I think the new set of patches
> will stabilize.
I think that will not be a problem, this time i will probably need to deal
with all issues that came up at switching to 4.3.2 / 2.16 / 1.6.2.
If you release before my new release i will incorporate them in my toolchain
install script voor Linux/Mac/Windows. Would be nice :-)

> If there is a bug in avr-libc (which you seem to indicate in by your
> TSM/TMS patch), then we need to get that fixed in the source code.
> Is there a bug report for that patch?
I think you allready have that one, see my post to this list from 08/09/08 17:33
(Type in iotnx61.h)

Thanks for all your good work!

Ruud.