Re: [avr-gcc-list] foo++, subi vs inc?

From: Gre7g Luterman
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] foo++, subi vs inc?
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 16:03:44 -0800 (PST)

Does it really matter which instruction the compiler chooses? Both constructs consume the same amount of memory and execution time.

I understand your concern that potentially more time and memory could be used if the compiler resisted the use of inc and the register was below R16, but unless you've seen evidence of it doing this... Is it an issue or just an idle curiousity?

Gre7g