Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: AVR LLVM backend?

From: Josef Eisl
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: AVR LLVM backend?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:38:13 +0100

Weddington, Eric wrote:

> Yes, I am aware of Google's Summer of Code and how it works.
>
> It would be a long shot, considering that the project would also have to be
> interesting to Google in order for them to sponsor it. And it would have to
> interest someone to actually take it up and work on it.
I am interested in that topic and I may find some colleges to join.
There is also the chance to get some of our professors involved. There
were project using LLVM and we are using AVR processors (with avr-gcc)
in almost all embedded courses.

> And it also have to wait until the next season of GSoC to start.

That is a problem. We may start the project on the beginning of the next
term (march 09) and hope that GSoC will take over the project (for the
funding ect).

If someone is interested, please drop me a mail.
FYI I am a BSc student on the Vienna University of Technology, Computer
Engineering.

BR Josef