Re: [avr-gcc-list] invalid use of reg_unused_after in avr.c

From: Tristan Gingold
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] invalid use of reg_unused_after in avr.c
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:08:08 +0100

On Dec 2, 2008, at 1:58 PM, Weddington, Eric wrote:

Hi Tristan,

Unfortunately, there are not many people here who both work on the AVR port and are familiar with GCC internals.

If you are looking at HEAD/4.4, then FYI, I have a general concern regarding the state of the AVR port with IRA. AVR GCC will build, but no one has really tested how the code generation is with IRA. There could easily be lurking problems in 4.4.

If you think that something should be changed in the AVR port back- end, then please send patches! :-) We're definitely open to getting things fixed.

Hi,

I forgot to say that this was with gcc 4.3 and gcc 4.4 doesn't look different.
I'd really like to have Anatoly's inputs before fixing this bug.

Tristan.