Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc printf optimisation ?

From: Pink Boy
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc printf optimisation ?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:25:38 -0800 (PST)

Joerg Wunsch sez,

> In hosted mode (which is the default), you are not allowed
> to replace library functions by your own implementation.
> Either use -ffreestanding, or use a non-conflicting name
> instead.

I have a question, unrelated. I use my own non conflicting printf
that looks like,

int d_printf_P(int vebose, PSTR *c, ....);

What gets me is that it seems like each call to printf consumes
a lot of code space, 100 bytes or so.  Is that normal or am I
doing something wrong?  It's annoying because 20 printf's is 2K
of code space.

Mr Foo