[avr-gcc-list] Failing to share a flag between two files/modules :-/

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Failing to share a flag between two files/modules :-/
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 09:32:48 +0100

Hello Gents,

I am having problem communicating between main.c and another
file/module, ui.c to name it.

In main.c I set a flag from a timer ISR, every 100ms.
In ui.c I am watching for that flag, but unfortunately it always
reads zero :-/ However if I watch for the flag in main() then it works
fine.

I am watching the flag in ui.c, so I declared it in ui.h, then ui.h
gets included in main.c so I can set the flag from there.
Well that was my reasoning, but doesn't quite work sadly !

I must be doing something wrong obviously, just would love to learn what
it is ! ;-)

Regards,

--
Vince, a bit stuck and wondering again...

ui.h
-----------
static volatile uint8_t flag;

ui.c