[avr-gcc-list] Re: inline control

From: David Brown
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: inline control
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:31:53 +0100

larry barello wrote:
I explicitly inline code with the following attribute
#define _INLINE_ static inline __attribute__((always_inline))

For my medium size project (lots of menus/graphics/various sensors and serial
port devices)

1) -no-inline-small-function    - 69034
2) --param inline-call-cost=2   - 68964
3) -fno-inline                  - 68816
4) -finline-limit=10            - 68810
5) #2 & #4 - 68754 6) -finline-limit=3 - 68754 (same results for 1,2 and 3)

Since I am generally not too concerned about overall speed I prefer small size
and explicit _INLINE_ where I deem appropriate... Usually the speed I am
worried about is how long it takes to download another version while debugging
:)

Anyway, thanks for the pointers and I am glad I spent 20 minutes trying them
out!

Have you tried -frtl-abstract-sequences ?

mvh.,

David