Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: C vs. assembly performance

From: Georg-Johann Lay
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: C vs. assembly performance
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 00:37:45 +0100

David Brown schrieb:

I haven't looked at code generated for such switches (there is often so much of it), so I admit to having guessed a little. I was thinking especially of when you have debug information enabled - that can force the compiler to keep variables in separate registers.

According to the following mail, not for GCC:

   http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2009-03/msg00011.html