[avr-gcc-list] cLib... Reentrant?

From: Larry Barello
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] cLib... Reentrant?
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:05:04 -0800

Is the cLib, in general, written as reentrant code? Specifically floating point (yes), printf and friends?, small string functions (strcat_P(), etc)? intrinsic like div() and ldiv()?

I realize there are issues with the stdio stuff since the file descriptors are static and it is up to the i/o routines to be written properly.  If I have multiple pre-emptive tasks using, say, stdin,  do I need to do anything beyond making sure the char_in and char_out routines are properly written/protected (buffers, etc).