[avr-gcc-list] How can I turn off >64K ram support for ATxmega128a1 targ

From: Rothe, Michael
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] How can I turn off >64K ram support for ATxmega128a1 target?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:57:12 +0200

Hi!

I try to get smaller code for the atxmega128a1 target from the gcc.
Since we don't use a large external memory, I'd like to get rid of the
additional code for RAMPD,X,Y,Z handling (e.g. in ISRs).
It seems there is a generic atxmega6 target with the desired properties,
but I don't understand how generic targets and actual target are
related.
The actual atxmega128a1 target seems to be a atxmega7 type target (with
>64K RAM).
Is there a way to convince the gcc to treat the atxmega128a1 as atxmega6
(with <= 64K RAM)?
Or is there another way to keep the gcc from generating code for the
RAMP* registers,
which happen to be always 0 in my application because we are using
internal RAM only?

Thanks and cheers,
Michael