Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [avr-gcc-list] in-line assembler]]

From: Robert von Knobloch
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [avr-gcc-list] in-line assembler]]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:31:54 +0200

Wouter van Gulik wrote:
> Robert von Knobloch schreef:
>
>> Thanks Jan,
>> I have reached this conclusion too, I didn't understand the
>> compiler/assembler interaction (and still don't fully, I can't get an
>> "sts var, Y" to work, but I'll work at it).
>>

> Is it me or are you looking for "st var, Y" (note the missing trailing s).
>
> HTH
>
> Wouter

Yes Wouter,
I have continually misinterpreted the 'sts' command which stores a
register direct to sram not using indirection.
[I must get stronger reading glasses].
However (according to my datasheet) its : " st Y, register "
Again, thanks for your help. Talking to others helps to get the brain
out of a rut.

Robert.