Re: Bad reply address - was Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: How to use inversion

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: Bad reply address - was Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: How to use inversion in if() - might be a bug report ?
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 11:31:00 +0200

Vaclav Peroutka wrote:

(Try to remember to post back to the list, rather than individual users, unless it is specifically an off-list email.)

Sorry for that. I just pressed "Reply" button and did not noticed that "To:" does not contain address of avr-gcc-list but sender's ( yours, in this particular case) address.

Now I will know, that I have to replace "To:" field every time I answer into list.

Use the "reply all" button, rather than "reply". You can remove the individual sender's address, since they are already on the list. Some people find this inconvenient, and everyone makes a mistake on occasion and forgets to reply to the list, but it's easy enough when you get used to it and there are good reasons for having mailing lists configured in this way.

mvh.,

David