RE: [avr-gcc-list] Re: zero length array in nocommon

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Re: zero length array in nocommon
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 23:54:29 -0600

Oh, I agree that the reasoning has flaws. I'm relying on probability here. I
would bet that the probability that this is a bug is *low*, based on the number
of people looking at the code base and knowing the competency level of the
people looking at it. But just because the probably is low, does not mean that
it is zero; without more information there's still a chance that this could be
a bug, even if it is a small chance.

<snip>
> I still think even if it's not a bug but an artifact of the way
> variable allocation is done, at the very least it lacks a clear
> statement in the documentation.  That alone might warrant a bug
> report.

Very good point. Since we have this confusion, it must not be clear in some
documentation somewhere.