Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR atmega128 GCC 4.3.3 Testresults comparision

From: Andy H
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR atmega128 GCC 4.3.3 Testresults comparision
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:56:06 -0400

FYI 4.5 head gives this result:

Target is avr-unknown-none
Host   is i686-pc-linux-gnu

       === gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes        49145
# of unexpected failures    167
# of unexpected successes    12
# of expected failures        99
# of unresolved testcases    39
# of untested testcases        8
# of unsupported tests        1806

Weddington, Eric wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From:
address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden.
org] On Behalf Of Boyapati, Anitha
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:47 AM
To: Andy H
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVR atmega128 GCC 4.3.3
Testresults comparision

Try the files and simulator craeted as part of  WINAVR

http://winavr.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/winavr/avrtest/

Edit some paths to  match your filespace.

Thanks Andy. I think avrtest worked much better. I managed to
get 42K passes!

  === gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes      42504
# of unexpected failures  711
# of unexpected successes 3
# of expected failures        91
# of unresolved testcases 428
# of untested testcases       564
# of unsupported tests        1229
/home/avr32/avr8/gcc-4.3.3/obj-var/gcc/xgcc  version 4.3.3 (GCC)

Excellent!

I am still interested to know what went wrong with simulavr.

Simulavr, or at least the newer versions from the 'simulavrxx' code base, is still newer and I don't think it's ever been used for running the regression test suite. And this shows to me that simulavr is not quite ready for that.