Re: [avr-gcc-list] Windows 7 issue ? Avrdude - strange garbage at end of

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Windows 7 issue ? Avrdude - strange garbage at end of filename
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 19:52:56 +0530

Hi, all,

To recap an old thread (see extreme bottom),  was getting garbage
attached to my hex file name when avrdude read the command line,
causing the programming to fail. At that time, I'd just installed the
Win 7 RC, so I suspected that was causing the problem.

Then the post below said it might be a bug in avrdude itself.

Anyways, I have now installed the Win 7 RTM. The problem is still
there. So the bug is probably not in Win 7.

If it is indeed a bug with avrdude, and has been corrected, can I get
the fixed "avrdude.exe" from somewhere ?

The avrdude.exe from the latest  WinAVR 20090313 also has this issue.

Thanks & Best Regards,

--Royce