Re: [avr-gcc-list] WinAVR discontinued ?!?!?

From: Graham Davies
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] WinAVR discontinued ?!?!?
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 14:33:17 -0400

Weddington, Eric wrote: "Don't worry. There will be a replacement toolchain distribution to take up where WinAVR left off, and it will be free (no cost). It should contain all the tools that you've come to expect."

Yeah, I figured that from reading the AvrFreaks thread. It seems odd that news of the demise of WinAVR should escape before news of its replacement, but that sort of thing happens. Basically, I just need to know what to say to any of my customers that gets wind of this. As long as it will still be possible to pluck avr-gcc and the associated tools out of the new toolchain and drop them into AVR Studio, I have no worries.

Graham.