Re: [avr-gcc-list] WinAVR discontinued ?!?!?

From: Graham Davies
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] WinAVR discontinued ?!?!?
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 12:13:00 -0400

Me: <snip> As long as it will still be possible to pluck avr-gcc
and the associated tools out of the  new toolchain and drop
them into AVR Studio, I have no worries.

Eric: It should be just as easy as it has been, and in the future,
it should be even easier. ;-)

Stu: Hope springs eternal.  :-P ;-)

Me Again: Actually, it's so easy now that I have a hard time imagining it being easier. The only tricky thing is that you can't install WinAVR to a path that has a space character in it, such as "Program Files", but even that doesn't bite me as I nLite my Windows installations so that programs install to a folder called "Programs". Even my customers seem to be able to install AVR Studio and WinAVR to work together without a hitch.

Graham.