RE: [avr-gcc-list] WinAVR discontinued ?!?!?

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] WinAVR discontinued ?!?!?
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 15:15:00 -0600

Typically there is a delay between when WinAVR is released, with the latest
patches to nominally recently released versions of the tools, and when the
Linux distros pick them up and offer a package for the end user. What I would
like to do is to close this delay gap, and eventually offer identical toolchain
releases on multiple platforms (e.g. Windows, Mac, and 2 popular Linux distros)
at the same time, or nearly the same time. "Identical" in this case means
having a single package that includes the same tools, at the same versions,
with the same patch sets. Well, that's the plan at least. :-)