[avr-gcc-list] Re: WinAVR discontinued ?!?!?

From: David Brown
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: WinAVR discontinued ?!?!?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:05:05 +0200

On 23/06/2010 04:11, address@hidden wrote:
Ubuntu 10.04 has avr-gcc and avr-libc to the same patch level as
winavr, AFAIK.  Apart from that, better editors, better shell, better
serial terminal support, makes for a better avr experience IMO. The
only downside is that you have to write your own Makefiles, but I do
that anyway.

That's good to hear. I haven't tried avr-gcc on my Ubuntu machine as yet - partly because it's important be consistent about releases of the compiler and library, and using WinAVR is a very easy way to keep these things consistent.

I know this is a little off-topic, but perhaps it's of interest to others in this thread - what do you use for serial terminals, since you mentioned them? I've only used minicom so far. It works, but it's like a step back to the DOS days compared to Tera Term Pro on windows.

mvh.,

David