Re: [avr-gcc-list] Problem with array on the stack

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Problem with array on the stack
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 07:32:32 +0200 (MET DST)

Cory Cross <address@hidden> wrote:

> If this is not my fault, I will try and come up with the simplist
> program demonstrating the problem.

Yes, please do:

.. make that snippet a fully compilable source file
.. add a main()
.. show all the commands used to compile and link it

The latter is important as the stack is setup before main(), so just
compiling your code snippet doesn't yield anything interesting as
there is no stack pointer assignment in there.  (Actually, there's not
even a stack pointer modification at all as your clobberer[] is
discarded by the optimizer entirely.)