Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC 4.5.1 wiht AS5 Error

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC 4.5.1 wiht AS5 Error
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:28:00 +0100

I would look at the source but unless I am mistaken Atmel still has not
released the patches for 4.5.1, does anyone know the status on these
patches, especially for the xmega support?
Yes, the patches for xmega support are pretty much the same as the latest
release of WinAVR (20100110), but with more device support, which is fairly
trivial.

You should request the source code via address@hidden

I sent an email yesterday to address@hidden regarding the licence issue with AS5 & the GPL, I'll report here if I get an answer. I hope they'll answer in the next days an/or update http://distribute.atmel.no/tools/opensource/ or whatever site they want to provide the source code. If we are many people to request the source code, maybe this will speed things up. If this gets nowhere the only solution will be to report to the FSF.